UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF
UK Fishing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE WORM or WORMS

4 posters

Go down

THE WORM or WORMS Empty THE WORM or WORMS

Post by Stotty Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 am

scientific men have made careful calculations, and claim that an acre of ordinary land suitable for worms contains fifty-three thousand worms!

THE WORM or WORMS Collecting4

How to Collect-Worms Easily

The best time to collect worms is at night, when they are above ground, and you need no spade and laborious digging to catch them. If there has been a warm shower, the conditions for a big harvest of worms is perfect. Take a lantern and bucket. If you step softly, and hold your lantern or torch close to the ground, you will see hundreds of worms in the wet grass, in the open footpath and by the roadside, Also because lobworms are light-sensitive, the torch beam cannot be shone directly on a worm for more than a moment or it will be gone. One solution is to point the beam into the grass and to look for your quarry in the periphery of the light it throws. The other is to soften the beam’s glare. but thats why a lantern is best. The skill is in spotting a worm, bending down and grabbing it firmly between finger and thumb and simply hanging on tight.

You can’t afford to go tugging at the worm or it will break and, contary to folklore, will die. Just apply a steady amount of gentle pressure and wait.You’ll be amazed at how strong a worm is – you will feel it pulling back – but it will relax and you should be able to draw it out of the ground unharmed.

Different Varieties.

There are many varieties of worms known to the fisherman. We all know that some worms are strong, lusty, dark in color, and will live some time on the hook; while others are weak, flabby, light in color, and soon die on the hook.
varieties as the red-worm of the manure heaps, and the brandling or yellow-worm, ringed with red, of manure-heaps and tan-heaps. The good old Perch fave Lob worm

How to Keep Worms Healthy and Well.

over the years i have now found if i am taking worms out with me i no longer keep them in soil Gather some fresh moss, and cover your worms with it. Put in plenty of moss, and no earth, except that which naturally adheres to the moss. The moss should be moist but not wet. Leave enough space between the top of the moss and the cover to form an air-chamber.
In this box your bait not only will not die, but will grow stronger and better day by day. now there is a top tip i have kept them for ages like this all you have to do is keep the box in some damp, cool place, where it will be sheltered from the rain and sun.

Also see

https://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com/coarse-fishing-f36/the-juicy-lobs-t4731.htm#130196

Last edited by Stotty on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stotty
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

Back to top Go down

THE WORM or WORMS Empty Re: THE WORM or WORMS

Post by mark Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm

what a usefull and informative post that is. wish i could have come up with something like that Innocent Whistle
mark
mark
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 3149
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stotty Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:32 pm

mark wrote:what a usefull and informative post that is. wish i could have come up with something like that Innocent Whistle

Yes yes Mark ..........made your one a sticky and put the link on this one THE WORM or WORMS 866916
Stotty
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 pm

thank you
mark
mark
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 3149
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by motty Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:53 am

great tip!

ive just been out digging for an hour and doubt i got even 1/2 a pint, maybe ill go back out tonight with the torch. just hope the ones that got away havent told there mates about me HaHaHa

motty
Noobie
Noobie

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-14
My Bait : At the mo, caster and worm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dando Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 pm

i can't wait to try angling dynamics "Worm" next year Wink heard nothing but good things about this bait...
Dando
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

https://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content