UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF
UK Fishing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike kebab rig

+8
Woodchucker
Badger
NIDGE MAC
ryan
Trash
Stotty
russ91
craigpix2000
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

pike kebab rig - Page 2 Empty Re: pike kebab rig

Post by joel Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:31 pm

I fish all pike methods,but lures & especially surface lures make me hard Ashamed has far has kebebs go,they have there place on heavily pressured waters.Make your own & don't pop em up.Put em in the margins with free offerings.Like when anglers throw baits in at the end of the day.This has worked for me on rakes brook,a water that took a severe hammering when a kid pulled a 35 out.sport died & i reckoned the pike had started night feeding on the baits chucked in by 9 to 5 anglers.After many blanks though the day,i fished several hours into dark & the results where very good.All runs came after an hour of darkness. Cheer
joel
joel

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Macfarlane Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Trash wrote:i tried it hair rig style and just ended up with soggy lumps of fish all clumped up near the hook

Feather your cast and that should force all the chunks to the end of the hair.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Macfarlane Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Having watched Mick Brown on telly for hours and hours, I've yet to see him use any of these ideas he's come up with since joining Fox. I get the feeling he has to come up with seemingly original ideas to make it worth his while being there as a consultant. Watch him on TV. He does nothing your average piker doesn't do. He uses the same baits we do, the same rigs we do except he puts the hours in and fishes venues we don't. I don't believe any of his so-called recent innovations are responsible for his catches. Call me a cynic but do you really believe Mick uses kebabs, singles and half the stuff that he's come up with in recent years?
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodchucker Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Nev Fickling has caught 400 20lb pike because he fishes waters that have a lot of 20lb pike in them, it goes without saying that to catch the amount of big pike that Brownie and the other big names catch you to be fishing the waters that contain them, put Neilson Baxter on the river Calder and see how many 20lbers he can catch, the answer will be very few but if your happy to stay local then you will do ok and your results will make you happy, but dedication is all about going out and finding big fish which will generally mean traveling 1-5hours to get to the better waters. As a pike angler in Yorkshire you have to travel to find 20lb+ fish simple as that, there are 20lbers in most Yorkshire rivers but they are spread out and need locating which takes time and a lot of effort, if you want to catch big pike travel to the Lakes or Scotland and fish the large glacial lakes and lochs that contain large amounts of baitfish but again location is key Wink
Woodchucker
Woodchucker
Global Mod
Global Mod

Male
Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2008-03-14
My Bait : Anything but savage gear shite!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trash Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:
Trash wrote:i tried it hair rig style and just ended up with soggy lumps of fish all clumped up near the hook

Feather your cast and that should force all the chunks to the end of the hair.

i do feather it but it still lumps up one end or the other rather than being spread out. its ok for the first cast if its still frozern its when i come to move it when its defrosted thats the problem, i just think ill stick to tubes or just nick a big single through 1 chunk when i do fish with them. its not something i do very often anyway, only when im struggling on stillwaters. i still belive in the right situation it could do the job tho
Trash
Trash
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male
Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2008-07-23
My Bait : Is what i put on my hook

Back to top Go down

Post by joel Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 pm

stick to the margins with kebabs,only time worth using em.if you wanna put a bait out long,stick a head section on.
joel
joel

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2