UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF
UK Fishing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So are you ready?

+3
Stotty
longshot
healdy
7 posters

Go down

So are you ready? Empty So are you ready?

Post by healdy Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 am

Hi

Well as stotty will tell you - i have been turned Wink - no longer purely a carp angler - infact i have to admit Predators have been taking up many of my angling thoughts for most of the last year or so.

with this in mind - the colder weather [northerners only] and October and the pike comp coming up; i have been getting tackle ready for the challenge.

But more importantly i have been getting my head ready geek . what did i learn last year, what mistakes did i make and how can i make it happen for me this winter.

I have to admit i got lucky last year dropped on some new buddies [thank you UKFF] and dropped on the fish i went through a phase of catching a new pb every trip - now that can't last forever as targets get bigger they become harder to achieve.

Thoughts;

Location - i have identified and i am working on or have the tickets for these venues - you can't catch them if the lake doesnt have them!

Methods - basic stuff for me - simple long link - free running rig - sometimes popped up mostly not

Bait sardine is my A bait - though i have a couple of other go to baits lamprey certainly maybe try some joeys and i have put a few small perch to one side as an alternative - this year i am going to play with injecting oils - it seemed to make a difference last year Wink

Best tip - don't listen to Chief as to whether the venue will be iced over or not No - that day even Neville fickling would have struggled unless he has experience of ice fishing lol!

Target.well its obvious i want a twenty !!!!!! Bla Bla Bla

Am i ready sure am - bring it on!

Healdy
healdy
healdy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male
Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2009-11-27
My Bait : smuttley db4 - or 14mm fishmeal topped with plastic corn

Back to top Go down

So are you ready? Empty Re: So are you ready?

Post by longshot Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 am

I got the Pike tackle sorted out today, checked that everything was in order and nothing was missing. I'll be starting my Pike campaign next week and as normal for this time of the year it'll be a mixture of one Pike rod and one Carp rod. And l'll do my best not to repeat my mistakes of last year.
longshot
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stotty Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:51 am

longshot wrote:I got the Pike tackle sorted out today, checked that everything was in order and nothing was missing. I'll be starting my Pike campaign next week and as normal for this time of the year it'll be a mixture of one Pike rod and one Carp rod. And l'll do my best not to repeat my mistakes of last year.

thats how i tend to do it this time of year slowly move over to the dark side Fighting 1
Stotty
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

Back to top Go down

Post by NIDGE MAC Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:24 pm

i,m going to give it my best shot should i be able to,
ive a few tricks that work in my favour,
But i only will be trying 2 waters so that makes the job a bit harder,

Good luck to everyone over the winter,
I hope theres some serious slabs to look at and some new pbs along the way, has well as some great reports....... Fingers crossed
NIDGE MAC
NIDGE MAC
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 7362
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : GETTING OUT IF AND WHEN POSSIBLE...

Back to top Go down

Post by nixon Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:31 pm

Ive got gear scattered all over the tackle room,its in some "kind" of an order,although I need to arrange it all into its own backpacks. I do however need to look at getting a new rod,as I tried to "fix" the tip on my previous pike rod,and...er...well, snapped it off about 6" below the tip clown
Not to worry,sure ebay has what I'm after.
Best of luck to all who fish for pike this winter Wink
Looking forward to the blogs Mexican Wave
Cheers
nixon
nixon
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 4976
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edbeef Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:21 pm

I must agree that I'm nearly ready.

I have a few bits and bobs but I'm far from flush with gear!

Lottery win will see me more tooled up lol!

For the time being though, I have feeders, hooks, reel loaded with braid, a float and a few terminal bits - all I need now is a rod! HaHaHa

Left my carp rod on holiday due to space issues and the other has a line guide missing. Cue tackle shop repairs bill!

I wish all of you the best of luck in your pike season and hope you all catch a 20lber (as long as I get a 20lb1oz lol! )
edbeef
edbeef
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 3950
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chief Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 am

got a few bits and bobs to get hold of, but mostly the gears been ready all summer.

working with a few tweaks this year to see if it has any difference and will be trying out a couple of new bite alarms to try to get ultimate indication.

rigs wise im gonna try and mix that up aswell to see how different presentations effect my run rate. running leads will probs be the mainstay but i will experiment with another rod with different float rigs and paternosters for the liveys Wink
chief
chief
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 2250
Registration date : 2009-10-17
My Bait : Squirrley Burt - its Squirrley!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down