UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF
UK Fishing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would this work

4 posters

Go down

would this work Empty would this work

Post by craigpix2000 Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:19 pm

right so im trying to think out of the box here stop me if its a bad idea but ive just been routing in the cubourds and just wondering if i rolled some banana in salt then put in a piece of tights and made to size required boilie size so it could be hair rigged but frozen before use then dipped in golden syrup and cast out would it work is it worth trying or is banana dangerous to use or golden syrup scratch may seem daft but i supose if u dont try wacky things ul never know how many other people are gunna use that kinda mixture on a busy water on same day would it give u an edge or just kill ya swim
craigpix2000
craigpix2000
chief recruiter (AKA kitkat king)

Male
Number of posts : 2149
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

would this work Empty Re: would this work

Post by tackle tart Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:31 pm

its good to see you are thinking out side the box

but why not form a better base or binding agent to form a paste to carry your banana and golden syrup better,
a good binding agent if you want to use it custard powder ,semolina just to name a couple
this can still be frozen into batches for a reqiuired session

it will be interesting what you result are

i know when i used to experiment with lots of different bits and bobs i had lots of failures before i got something that caught

there is many different idea,s you could try you only have to walk down your local super market or health shop for idea,s

kevin

tackle tart
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male
Number of posts : 1601
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by craigpix2000 Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:40 pm

that sounds a better idea kev. i was toying with the idea of trying to liquid the golden syrup down and add some oil till its liquid form to dunk my lead in to just carry off the scent a little more
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tackle tart Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:44 pm

they a good idea you can buy leads that will take attraction on the coating called dung leads
i dig one out and post a picture of it

on forming a base for your paste , fishmeal will work the good thing with fishmeal it has its own attraction so that might be a good idea to try

Last edited by tackle tart on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

tackle tart
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by craigpix2000 Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:50 pm

cheers kev Respect this is gunna be fun trial and error baby :Fishing:
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tackle tart Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:55 pm

the leads are called dung leads they are made by atomic leads they do have several in there range here,s there link
http://www.atomictackle.co.uk
here mine still soaking not used it for ages would this work Icon_scratch hmmmmmmmmm
would this work Dungleads002

its fun to try different things and its fantastic when you finally catch on something you have created yourself
best of luck

just remember if you are using concetrated flavours that you would put in a boilie mix cut them down by about half as the flavour is not getting boiled, so none will evaporate away so by cutting it down you,ll not over power your mix
its different with natural flavours you can,t over load with them

tackle tart
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stotty Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:13 am

craigpix2000 wrote:right so im trying to think out of the box here stop me if its a bad idea but ive just been routing in the cubourds and just wondering if i rolled some banana in salt then put in a piece of tights and made to size required boilie size so it could be hair rigged but frozen before use then dipped in golden syrup and cast out would it work is it worth trying or is banana dangerous to use or golden syrup scratch may seem daft but i supose if u dont try wacky things ul never know how many other people are gunna use that kinda mixture on a busy water on same day would it give u an edge or just kill ya swim

This is actually an old trick we used to fish a match lake near my old house and they loved banana we used to put a thin bit of rig tube up the hair to stop it slicing through the banana then hair rig it brown sugar then freeze them on a tray on the rigs on grease proof paper then take them in a cool box pain in the ass really lol! but worked really well on a runs water don’t know how it would hold up on a sit and wait sort of water but I think Kevin has it look at the post on here about making boilies I put up some old recipes you can tailor them with your banana twist.

https://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com/carp-bait-s-f26/make-your-own-boilies-t19-30.htm
Stotty
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

Back to top Go down

Post by Trash Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:45 am

if you want to carry scent on your lead get yourself some aroma feeders (browning make them)
basicly they have a grooved rubber pad in them and you dip it in your glud/dip/whatever and either use it just as it is or pack your grounbait round it. great for when you want scent but little food bar your hoobait but also good for bosting your normal method.
they arnt just a gimick, they really do hold the glug and scent well
Trash
Trash
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male
Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2008-07-23
My Bait : Is what i put on my hook

Back to top Go down

Post by Stotty Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 am

Trash wrote:if you want to carry scent on your lead get yourself some aroma feeders (browning make them)
basicly they have a grooved rubber pad in them and you dip it in your glud/dip/whatever and either use it just as it is or pack your grounbait round it. great for when you want scent but little food bar your hoobait but also good for bosting your normal method.
they arnt just a gimick, they really do hold the glug and scent well

Gaz sells them Wink
Stotty
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

Back to top Go down

Post by tackle tart Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 am

if you are staying with the banana and golden syrup mix you might conseder spices as they work very well in conjunction with these

following up on from what i said earlier about concentrated flavours you should be taking into consideration the water temperatures when deciding what to use in your mixes
as a ethynal alcohol based flavours is more soluble in water and work very well in winter making your bait a more instant prospect .
on the other hand glyscerol based flavours will thicken up in the colder water in winter so are better suited to the summer months

but skies the limit when creating your own baits whether it be pastes or boiled baits or carpet feeds , and with all the the different oils and essentil oils aswell .
also there are liquid foods some our based on amino acids or there natural liquid foods like CSL , MOLLASES
there are all sorts of other goodies that will get the carp feeding to
i could go on! the lists of what available is virtually endless and there no point in blinding you with science .
so just start simple and learn to understand what you are trying to achieve on your given water as that is just as important as you might get your fish feeding and catching on it and thinking it will work any where and it doesn,t always work like that believe me so bare that in mind to .
also try and get a balance between the additives/flavours ect , what you are using so they compliment them selfs
like strawberry,s and cream do or bacon and eggs but thats only me i like my baits to be balanced and compliment each other
you can go right off the wall with what you use thats the fantastic bit about experimenting there really is no hard and fast rules to it .

i know it sounds silly but write down what you do so you can repeat it if it catches

tackle tart
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down