UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Sign up today and share with us your experiences

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

a dilemma for the weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a dilemma for the weekend

Post by healdy on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 am

Hi

Just sitting in my office trying to get my head on what to do this weekend - like you do Roll Eyes


Now my dilemma is caused by the fact i am not ready to start my carping season yet - i don't believe they have truly switched on up here in the frozen north - and to be honest i need to have the anticipation and expectation that i will catch to really enjoy my carping.

but my pike lake has shut for the season - so do i brave the masses and go thaw some deadbaits out at roundhay or do i get the newly aquired lure kit out and throw some lures about for a few hours.

To all you lure men out there is it worth a go yet [on the lakes not river] will they be active enough to chase a lure or at least have a go if i run one past its nose??


Healdy
avatar
healdy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male
Number of posts : 711
Age : 55
Location : live shaw cross - dewsbury work - leeds
Reputation : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-27
My Bait : smuttley db4 - or 14mm fishmeal topped with plastic corn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Dando on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:52 am

Mark never rule out lures they will work in any weather condition, a few winters ago i was catching pike on the lure at local canal venue all be it they weren't doubles but the funn was there non the less, so i say get the lure rod out mate and get some practice with different lures finding out what they do in different depths.

_________________
UK FISHING FORUMS

UK BASED FISHING FORUM FOR ANGLERS WHO ENJOY A BIT OF ANGLING BANTER
avatar
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, Armley
Reputation : 147
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

View user profile http://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by gazh on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 am

i reckon majestic will fish its tits off this weekend
avatar
gazh
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 385
Age : 48
Reputation : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Dando on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 am

gazh wrote:i reckon majestic will fish its tits off this weekend

i've had a change of plan and thats where i'm booked on this weekend Wink

it's another one of my target waters for this year

_________________
UK FISHING FORUMS

UK BASED FISHING FORUM FOR ANGLERS WHO ENJOY A BIT OF ANGLING BANTER
avatar
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, Armley
Reputation : 147
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

View user profile http://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Stotty on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 am

DanDanUK wrote:
gazh wrote:i reckon majestic will fish its tits off this weekend

i've had a change of plan and thats where i'm booked on this weekend Wink

it's another one of my target waters for this year


lol! See Ya

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by nixon on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 am

As Dan pointed out, dont dismiss the lures, I was out a few weeks ago, I managed a fat litttle jack on a jointed creek chub pikie, so theyre moving around gradually as it warms up, but you've just got the keep everything down to a snale's pace, the fish I had was covered in leeches,so they're down in the weed,but can certainly be tempted with the right presentation Wink

_________________
avatar
nixon
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 4976
Age : 37
Location : Essex
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Dando on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 am

Stotty wrote:
DanDanUK wrote:
gazh wrote:i reckon majestic will fish its tits off this weekend

i've had a change of plan and thats where i'm booked on this weekend Wink

it's another one of my target waters for this year


lol! See Ya

well it's closer and fish have switched on there and to be honest i think i've got more chance of catching there...

"adapt, attack and over come !!!"

Danny

_________________
UK FISHING FORUMS

UK BASED FISHING FORUM FOR ANGLERS WHO ENJOY A BIT OF ANGLING BANTER
avatar
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, Armley
Reputation : 147
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

View user profile http://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Stotty on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 am

DanDanUK wrote:
Stotty wrote:
DanDanUK wrote:
gazh wrote:i reckon majestic will fish its tits off this weekend

i've had a change of plan and thats where i'm booked on this weekend Wink

it's another one of my target waters for this year


lol! See Ya

well it's closer and fish have switched on there and to be honest i think i've got more chance of catching there...

"adapt, attack and over come !!!"

Danny

think your right mate still needs a few weeks at C

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Dando on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:45 am

Stotty wrote:
DanDanUK wrote:
Stotty wrote:
DanDanUK wrote:
gazh wrote:i reckon majestic will fish its tits off this weekend

i've had a change of plan and thats where i'm booked on this weekend Wink

it's another one of my target waters for this year


lol! See Ya

well it's closer and fish have switched on there and to be honest i think i've got more chance of catching there...

"adapt, attack and over come !!!"

Danny

think your right mate still needs a few weeks at C

oh yeah and a 20 came out yesterday Innocent Whistle

_________________
UK FISHING FORUMS

UK BASED FISHING FORUM FOR ANGLERS WHO ENJOY A BIT OF ANGLING BANTER
avatar
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, Armley
Reputation : 147
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

View user profile http://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Stotty on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:28 am

Nice i did say by the weekend it could be picking up was it from Zig the boat Suspect

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Dando on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 am

Stotty wrote:Nice i did say by the weekend it could be picking up was it from Zig the boat Suspect

i'm on about majestic, 20lber came out and thats just one of a number of 20's which have come out and considering they didn't stock any 20's into the water ... well i think that speaks for it self, one fish has put on 13lb in 18months affraid

_________________
UK FISHING FORUMS

UK BASED FISHING FORUM FOR ANGLERS WHO ENJOY A BIT OF ANGLING BANTER
avatar
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, Armley
Reputation : 147
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

View user profile http://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by chief on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm

nowt to stop us doing both mate, if we travel light we could cover the lake leapfrogging with deadbait rods and throw lures around aswell
avatar
chief
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 2250
Age : 39
Location : in a pineapple under the sea
Reputation : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-17
My Bait : Squirrley Burt - its Squirrley!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by mark on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:29 pm

i went to roundhay to finish of my deads today and it didn't feel at all right. the sun was out, people everywhere n it just didn't feel pikey at all. i packed up after 2 hrs n threw my bait in, i thought they could have the free meal for all the pleasure they had given me through the cold dark winter. so i'd say try ya lures n see what you make of that
avatar
mark
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 3149
Age : 34
Location : armley leeds
Reputation : 146
Registration date : 2009-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by gazh on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:55 pm

DanDanUK wrote:
Stotty wrote:Nice i did say by the weekend it could be picking up was it from Zig the boat Suspect

i'm on about majestic, 20lber came out and thats just one of a number of 20's which have come out and considering they didn't stock any 20's into the water ... well i think that speaks for it self, one fish has put on 13lb in 18months affraid

11 months mate, i had a 19 out the week before it opened that had put a poundnhalf on in 2 weeks.That fish hasn't been out since so that could be pushing 30 by now affraid
avatar
gazh
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 385
Age : 48
Reputation : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Dando on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:57 pm

gazh wrote:
DanDanUK wrote:
Stotty wrote:Nice i did say by the weekend it could be picking up was it from Zig the boat Suspect

i'm on about majestic, 20lber came out and thats just one of a number of 20's which have come out and considering they didn't stock any 20's into the water ... well i think that speaks for it self, one fish has put on 13lb in 18months affraid

11 months mate, i had a 19 out the week before it opened that had put a poundnhalf on in 2 weeks.That fish hasn't been out since so that could be pushing 30 by now affraid

bloody hell it's almost unbelievable...

well i will be doing it alone tomorrow ... you watch i'll hook into something big and there will be no one there to take the pic Gaah lol!

_________________
UK FISHING FORUMS

UK BASED FISHING FORUM FOR ANGLERS WHO ENJOY A BIT OF ANGLING BANTER
avatar
Dando
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 4234
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, Armley
Reputation : 147
Registration date : 2008-03-03
My Bait : CC Moores & Sticky Baits

View user profile http://ukfishingforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by healdy on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi


Good luck at Majestic lads........... not for me yet - still got another pike trip in me - got to clear that shelf in the freezer anyway - need to fill it with boilies Wink


A plan is hatched - going to give the deadbaits a go until lunchtime then lap the lake with the lure rod in the afternoon.

Anybody got any tips for some local lure venues - all info appreciated [pm if you prefer].


Good luck all Fishing 2
avatar
healdy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male
Number of posts : 711
Age : 55
Location : live shaw cross - dewsbury work - leeds
Reputation : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-27
My Bait : smuttley db4 - or 14mm fishmeal topped with plastic corn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by gazh on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:50 pm

i wonder if selby 3 lakes would fish well with lures.you could cover the whole lake in a couple of hours.
if the matchmen complain about there catches been taken surely a lure would work??????
avatar
gazh
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 385
Age : 48
Reputation : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by chief on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:11 pm

i think we'll do ok tomorrow matey, covered the bases as best we can. one last push on the pike then you can educate me on htese carp thingys. see u tomoro
avatar
chief
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 2250
Age : 39
Location : in a pineapple under the sea
Reputation : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-17
My Bait : Squirrley Burt - its Squirrley!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dilemma for the weekend

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum