UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Sign up today and share with us your experiences

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

winter baits

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Thats kind of you Dave.. Oh did we mention thread hijacking ???

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by Dave The Rave on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:55 pm

its ok its my thread i will let you off lol Wink
avatar
Dave The Rave
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 2551
Age : 30
Location : Bingley
Reputation : 77
Registration date : 2009-10-04
My Bait : DNA Baits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Cheers lol.

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm

I'll see what I can do.

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by Dave The Rave on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:27 pm

i will look forward to it mate Wink
avatar
Dave The Rave
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 2551
Age : 30
Location : Bingley
Reputation : 77
Registration date : 2009-10-04
My Bait : DNA Baits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by blower on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 pm

are prepped tiger nuts good in winter?
avatar
blower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Male
Number of posts : 937
Age : 41
Location : leicester
Reputation : 40
Registration date : 2009-06-07
My Bait : this season i will mostly be using MAGGOTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by blower on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

ive never tried them before and heard they are good. i'm going this weekend so thought i would give them ago. i will take corn and a maggot ring too. the venue i'm going to doesn't get fished with boilies so what boilie would you suggest to use on a venue like this.
avatar
blower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Male
Number of posts : 937
Age : 41
Location : leicester
Reputation : 40
Registration date : 2009-06-07
My Bait : this season i will mostly be using MAGGOTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm

As the water is still very cold I would personaly opt for fruity flavours, always worked for me in winter. but careful with the feed.

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by blower on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:52 pm

i was thinking of single hookbaits or maybe a small stick of crushed hook bait.there's a very large head of fish were i'm going and the fish should come across the bait without to much feed around it.
avatar
blower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Male
Number of posts : 937
Age : 41
Location : leicester
Reputation : 40
Registration date : 2009-06-07
My Bait : this season i will mostly be using MAGGOTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Sounds about right, And also the bites could be very shy so strike at any movement .

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by blower on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm

thanx lads. i will try boilies on one rod and the old faithful corn on the other.does the zig rig work on water around 4ft deep?
avatar
blower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Male
Number of posts : 937
Age : 41
Location : leicester
Reputation : 40
Registration date : 2009-06-07
My Bait : this season i will mostly be using MAGGOTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by carper8030 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm

i have done very well this winter useing condensed milk glug a few nuts up or put some in a pva bag give a very nice cloud effect
avatar
carper8030
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male
Number of posts : 1066
Age : 38
Location : south yorkshire
Reputation : 66
Registration date : 2010-01-31
My Bait : www.carpbaituk.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by blower on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 pm

ive never thought of condensed milk
avatar
blower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Male
Number of posts : 937
Age : 41
Location : leicester
Reputation : 40
Registration date : 2009-06-07
My Bait : this season i will mostly be using MAGGOTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by carper8030 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

its pva friendly too but only thing it leaves a greasy film so it takes abit longer to melt
avatar
carper8030
A Top UKFF Member !
A Top UKFF Member !

Male
Number of posts : 1066
Age : 38
Location : south yorkshire
Reputation : 66
Registration date : 2010-01-31
My Bait : www.carpbaituk.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by Stotty on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:25 pm

i my self dont use nuts in winter but love them in the summer one of my top baits Wink Particle baits such as tiger nuts and maples tend to lose their effectiveness possibly due the viscosity of the oils the nuts contain

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by sardarel on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 pm

now that is special...

effectiveness and viscosity from a dyslexic... lol!

_________________
2010 Targets..

10lb Bream...
20lb Pike...
30lb Carp...

to meet as many new members of this place and enjoy everyones tales of all things fishy
avatar
sardarel
Global Mod
Global Mod

Male
Number of posts : 4450
Age : 47
Location : Costa Del
Reputation : 170
Registration date : 2008-11-17
My Bait : anything TURKISH...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by Stotty on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 am

sardarel wrote:now that is special...

effectiveness and viscosity from a dyslexic... lol!


Those two had to go through Word pale

I tell you what itís so bloody frustrating some times I do my Blog in the end I just change it round to make sense, what I want to put down and what comes out is two different things, I was always a better talker than writing. Bloody English language dose my head in Head Bang right and write, there and their whether and the weather, witch and yes the other one scratch how the hell have I have got a chance. The private school education I had was wasted on me thatís for sure. This has taken me longer to do than my blog geek

lol!

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 am

I must say that ALL my blogs and stories are first done in word. I have learned quite well over the last five or six years. But I still make plenty of errors, but they are less of a problem now.

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by sardarel on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 am

Stotty wrote:
sardarel wrote:now that is special...

effectiveness and viscosity from a dyslexic... lol!


Those two had to go through Word pale

I tell you what itís so bloody frustrating some times I do my Blog in the end I just change it round to make sense, what I want to put down and what comes out is two different things, I was always a better talker than writing. Bloody English language dose my head in Head Bang right and write, there and their whether and the weather, witch and yes the other one scratch how the hell have I have got a chance. The private school education I had was wasted on me thatís for sure. This has taken me longer to do than my blog geek

lol!

and that is why you employed me s unofficial proof reader and I will ammend any glaring mis spells.. but leave others in as they are your signature... Cool Smoking

_________________
2010 Targets..

10lb Bream...
20lb Pike...
30lb Carp...

to meet as many new members of this place and enjoy everyones tales of all things fishy
avatar
sardarel
Global Mod
Global Mod

Male
Number of posts : 4450
Age : 47
Location : Costa Del
Reputation : 170
Registration date : 2008-11-17
My Bait : anything TURKISH...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by sardarel on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 am

tackle tart wrote:i,m the same what i write is not how i would explain it when i read it back its never how i want it to be hence why i,ve stopped doing it now


Suspect Suspect

now then Mr Kev...


you get those fingers dancing around a keyboard...


You are amongst the premeir league of blogs on here and without them this forum is missing something... Whipped

_________________
2010 Targets..

10lb Bream...
20lb Pike...
30lb Carp...

to meet as many new members of this place and enjoy everyones tales of all things fishy
avatar
sardarel
Global Mod
Global Mod

Male
Number of posts : 4450
Age : 47
Location : Costa Del
Reputation : 170
Registration date : 2008-11-17
My Bait : anything TURKISH...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by mark on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 am

sardarel wrote:
tackle tart wrote:i,m the same what i write is not how i would explain it when i read it back its never how i want it to be hence why i,ve stopped doing it now


Suspect Suspect

now then Mr Kev...


you get those fingers dancing around a keyboard...


You are amongst the premeir league of blogs on here and without them this forum is missing something... Whipped
i told him the same. i bet he's got a camera full of fish just from this year alone. he's a top allround angler and his blogs kick ar5e over most. we dont come on here to read fancy words and practise our spellings, its all about fish, mates and laughter. come on kev you know its the right thing to do
avatar
mark
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 3149
Age : 34
Location : armley leeds
Reputation : 146
Registration date : 2009-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:41 am

mark wrote:
sardarel wrote:
tackle tart wrote:i,m the same what i write is not how i would explain it when i read it back its never how i want it to be hence why i,ve stopped doing it now


Suspect Suspect

now then Mr Kev...


you get those fingers dancing around a keyboard...


You are amongst the premeir league of blogs on here and without them this forum is missing something... Whipped
i told him the same. i bet he's got a camera full of fish just from this year alone. he's a top allround angler and his blogs kick ar5e over most. we dont come on here to read fancy words and practise our spellings, its all about fish, mates and laughter. come on kev you know its the right thing to do


I still wont use those silly thingy's. And I will continue to use the English I was brought up with,( or should that be Wiv)
lol.

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by mark on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 am

longshot wrote:
mark wrote:
sardarel wrote:
tackle tart wrote:i,m the same what i write is not how i would explain it when i read it back its never how i want it to be hence why i,ve stopped doing it now


Suspect Suspect

now then Mr Kev...


you get those fingers dancing around a keyboard...


You are amongst the premeir league of blogs on here and without them this forum is missing something... Whipped
i told him the same. i bet he's got a camera full of fish just from this year alone. he's a top allround angler and his blogs kick ar5e over most. we dont come on here to read fancy words and practise our spellings, its all about fish, mates and laughter. come on kev you know its the right thing to do


I still wont use those silly thingy's. And I will continue to use the English I was brought up with,( or should that be Wiv)
lol.
scratch what silly thingy's Fish Slap HaHaHa
avatar
mark
Die Hard UKFF Angler !
Die Hard UKFF Angler !

Male
Number of posts : 3149
Age : 34
Location : armley leeds
Reputation : 146
Registration date : 2009-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by longshot on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 am

lol!

_________________
I may be older than you ,but I aint dead, so move over kid.
avatar
longshot
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4421
Age : 66
Location : City of Chelmsford
Reputation : 249
Registration date : 2009-07-01
My Bait : Bread and lots of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by NIDGE MAC on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:35 am

LOL LMAO Suspect
avatar
NIDGE MAC
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 7362
Age : 53
Location : YORKSHIRE!!!!!! THA NOS...
Reputation : 175
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : GETTING OUT IF AND WHEN POSSIBLE...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: winter baits

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum