UK Fishing Forums
If you haven't posted today why not log in and let us know what you've been up to

or if you are new to the site

Sign up today and share with us your experiences

Where friendly and welcoming

Thanks for reading and

Welcome to UKFF

60lb pike??

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by noodle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:35 pm

on the way home we swung by misurina again and found the fish what we were told about it s stuffed in a tat shop that sells crap like flick knifes and walking stick badges it was reputed to weigh over 60 lbs and was certainly huge lenghtwise being around 41/4 feet in length or so
but it looked far to lean to be as significant as it could have been

bad taxidermy perhaps who knows
avatar
noodle
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 433
Age : 42
Location : st helens apparently we have a rugby team???
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-24
My Bait : bit of painted wood

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Woodchucker on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Just the thought of seeing a fish over the magic 50lb mark would be amazing affraid , In theory that fish could eat a 30lb pike affraid

_________________
Red Hot Chilli Piker
avatar
Woodchucker
Global Mod
Global Mod

Male
Number of posts : 8009
Age : 43
Location : Mirfield, West Yorkshire
Reputation : 141
Registration date : 2008-03-14
My Bait : Anything but savage gear shite!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by noodle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:40 pm

the stuffed fish would easily have cleared 40 in its prime if not more but it had been hanging on the wall since the early 40's

if you want an idea of the area and what it looks like

have you ever seen any WW2 footage of hitler with mountains in the background well one of the mountains (its got a dead flat top) is mt piani and misurina is at the base it well near enough anyway

climbing there can be scary as youll top out onto a ledge and be face to face with things like abandoned field guns or trenches left from the 1st world war then there are unmarked graves with just wooden crosses but of helmets and guns

very eerie place at night up there let me tell you ill scan some photos and pop em on


Last edited by noodle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
noodle
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 433
Age : 42
Location : st helens apparently we have a rugby team???
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-24
My Bait : bit of painted wood

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by nixon on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Is there any major factors stopping such a fish being in our country?
avatar
nixon
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 4976
Age : 38
Location : Essex
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by channa on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Polish...
avatar
channa
Gold Member
Gold Member

Male
Number of posts : 758
Age : 32
Location : Darwen,lancs
Reputation : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by noodle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:47 pm

nixon wrote:Is there any major factors stopping such a fish being in our country?

yup far too much pressure we need a water with enough prey fish and a problem that reduces the number of pike on a regular basis (so the remaining fish are not in as much competition) and then for those fish to be left alone,

hands up who could not go somewhere were they new a 30 to be in residence and have a go?


i think i would be in the minority there as im not really interested in known fish
avatar
noodle
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 433
Age : 42
Location : st helens apparently we have a rugby team???
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-24
My Bait : bit of painted wood

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by noodle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 pm

channa wrote:Polish...

where your argument falls down with that is near enough all of the pike caught in places like this end up on the table or as dog food so taking fish as lead to fish of this size

as it does on places like windermere where the fish are netted or the broads where things like salt levels and pyrmesium( no idea how to spell that) take a lot of fish out of the equation leaving the remaining fish with less competition for food
avatar
noodle
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 433
Age : 42
Location : st helens apparently we have a rugby team???
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-24
My Bait : bit of painted wood

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by joel on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm

noodle wrote:
channa wrote:Polish...

where your argument falls down with that is near enough all of the pike caught in places like this end up on the table or as dog food so taking fish as lead to fish of this size

as it does on places like windermere where the fish are netted or the broads where things like salt levels and pyrmesium( no idea how to spell that) take a lot of fish out of the equation leaving the remaining fish with less competition for food

yep.on waters were pike have died on mass from disease,Anglers don't bother fishing for them,They have ample prey fish with no competion.The odd one that survives grows very big.A 39lber came out on a local water a few years after a pike disease.Also there's a local trout fishery that has huge pike.They've never ever been fished for,I heard from a fly angler pal.I went for a walk round and got chatting to other fluff chuckers & they've had trout taken,One guy was playing a big rainbow bout 6lb & it got t-boned by a pike he estimated at 35lb.Seeing has the two neighbouring waters have both documented 34 & 37lbers to there name,me thinks i need privelged access. idea
avatar
joel
Full Member
Full Member

Male
Number of posts : 117
Age : 46
Reputation : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Woodchucker on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Now that would be nice Awwww Awwww Awwww Awwww

_________________
Red Hot Chilli Piker
avatar
Woodchucker
Global Mod
Global Mod

Male
Number of posts : 8009
Age : 43
Location : Mirfield, West Yorkshire
Reputation : 141
Registration date : 2008-03-14
My Bait : Anything but savage gear shite!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by noodle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Innocent Whistle
avatar
noodle
Top Member
Top Member

Male
Number of posts : 433
Age : 42
Location : st helens apparently we have a rugby team???
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-24
My Bait : bit of painted wood

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Stotty on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:38 am

joel wrote:
noodle wrote:
channa wrote:Polish...

where your argument falls down with that is near enough all of the pike caught in places like this end up on the table or as dog food so taking fish as lead to fish of this size

as it does on places like windermere where the fish are netted or the broads where things like salt levels and pyrmesium( no idea how to spell that) take a lot of fish out of the equation leaving the remaining fish with less competition for food

yep.on waters were pike have died on mass from disease,Anglers don't bother fishing for them,They have ample prey fish with no competion.The odd one that survives grows very big.A 39lber came out on a local water a few years after a pike disease.Also there's a local trout fishery that has huge pike.They've never ever been fished for,I heard from a fly angler pal.I went for a walk round and got chatting to other fluff chuckers & they've had trout taken,One guy was playing a big rainbow bout 6lb & it got t-boned by a pike he estimated at 35lb.Seeing has the two neighbouring waters have both documented 34 & 37lbers to there name,me thinks i need privelged access. idea

I have a trout lake down the road from me the owner lets his friendís fish for the pike one a year and I have seen a photo of a 28lb fish that was washed up dead last year. One again it the stores and the myths that make these places exciting to fish (if you get the chance) I have sought lakes like this for carp for years 6 months ago I found one old estate lake by Google map it (close to my house) stream fed owned by an old lady who owns the estate. after a bit of an ask about the rumours about it is there are some monster carp in it but she catagorigley dose not want any one fishing it. pissed off but thats her choice i will put pen to paper and post it through her door and see what turns up.

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by joel on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 am

Stotty wrote:
joel wrote:
noodle wrote:
channa wrote:Polish...

where your argument falls down with that is near enough all of the pike caught in places like this end up on the table or as dog food so taking fish as lead to fish of this size

as it does on places like windermere where the fish are netted or the broads where things like salt levels and pyrmesium( no idea how to spell that) take a lot of fish out of the equation leaving the remaining fish with less competition for food

yep.on waters were pike have died on mass from disease,Anglers don't bother fishing for them,They have ample prey fish with no competion.The odd one that survives grows very big.A 39lber came out on a local water a few years after a pike disease.Also there's a local trout fishery that has huge pike.They've never ever been fished for,I heard from a fly angler pal.I went for a walk round and got chatting to other fluff chuckers & they've had trout taken,One guy was playing a big rainbow bout 6lb & it got t-boned by a pike he estimated at 35lb.Seeing has the two neighbouring waters have both documented 34 & 37lbers to there name,me thinks i need privelged access. idea

I have a trout lake down the road from me the owner lets his friendís fish for the pike one a year and I have seen a photo of a 28lb fish that was washed up dead last year. One again it the stores and the myths that make these places exciting to fish (if you get the chance) I have sought lakes like this for carp for years 6 months ago I found one old estate lake by Google map it (close to my house) stream fed owned by an old lady who owns the estate. after a bit of an ask about the rumours about it is there are some monster carp in it but she catagorigley dose not want any one fishing it. pissed off but thats her choice i will put pen to paper and post it through her door and see what turns up.

9' stalking rod & heavy xwing. Innocent Whistle
avatar
joel
Full Member
Full Member

Male
Number of posts : 117
Age : 46
Reputation : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Stotty on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 am

joel wrote:
Stotty wrote:
joel wrote:
noodle wrote:
channa wrote:Polish...

where your argument falls down with that is near enough all of the pike caught in places like this end up on the table or as dog food so taking fish as lead to fish of this size

as it does on places like windermere where the fish are netted or the broads where things like salt levels and pyrmesium( no idea how to spell that) take a lot of fish out of the equation leaving the remaining fish with less competition for food

yep.on waters were pike have died on mass from disease,Anglers don't bother fishing for them,They have ample prey fish with no competion.The odd one that survives grows very big.A 39lber came out on a local water a few years after a pike disease.Also there's a local trout fishery that has huge pike.They've never ever been fished for,I heard from a fly angler pal.I went for a walk round and got chatting to other fluff chuckers & they've had trout taken,One guy was playing a big rainbow bout 6lb & it got t-boned by a pike he estimated at 35lb.Seeing has the two neighbouring waters have both documented 34 & 37lbers to there name,me thinks i need privelged access. idea

I have a trout lake down the road from me the owner lets his friendís fish for the pike one a year and I have seen a photo of a 28lb fish that was washed up dead last year. One again it the stores and the myths that make these places exciting to fish (if you get the chance) I have sought lakes like this for carp for years 6 months ago I found one old estate lake by Google map it (close to my house) stream fed owned by an old lady who owns the estate. after a bit of an ask about the rumours about it is there are some monster carp in it but she catagorigley dose not want any one fishing it. pissed off but thats her choice i will put pen to paper and post it through her door and see what turns up.

9' stalking rod & heavy xwing. Innocent Whistle

its funny that i spoke to a bloke that did that and she chased him across a field in her land rover pale

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by nixon on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 am

May blow any chance you had. Im sure a bit of essex sweet talking could sway her decision Innocent Whistle
avatar
nixon
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 4976
Age : 38
Location : Essex
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Stotty on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:51 am

nixon wrote:May blow any chance you had. Im sure a bit of essex sweet talking could sway her decision Innocent Whistle

as i say will do a letter with a CV lol!

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by nixon on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:02 am

" Ello luv, I av recently erd abat ya luvly old estate worta, Ima ighly respected and well known geezer in the angling fraternity. I enclose a list of my past piscatorial conquests,which Im sure you'll agree are jolly spiffing,if you cud see it in ure art to allaa me to fish on ure bloody luvly worta I'd be quite simply ekstatic, urs kindly, Sir Paul Stott O.B.E" Wink
Cool Smoking


Last edited by nixon on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
nixon
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 4976
Age : 38
Location : Essex
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Stotty on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:05 am

nixon wrote:" Ello luv, I av recently erd abat ya luvly old estate worta, Ima ighly respected and well known geezer in the angling fraternity. I enclose a list of my past piscatorial conquests,which Im sure you'll agree are jolly spiffing,if you cud see it in ure art to allaa me to fish on ure bloody luvly worta I'd be quite simply ekstatic, urs kindly, Sir Paul Stott,of W£$%^n"
Cool Smoking


will take the lube Cool Smoking

_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by joel on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Stotty wrote:
nixon wrote:" Ello luv, I av recently erd abat ya luvly old estate worta, Ima ighly respected and well known geezer in the angling fraternity. I enclose a list of my past piscatorial conquests,which Im sure you'll agree are jolly spiffing,if you cud see it in ure art to allaa me to fish on ure bloody luvly worta I'd be quite simply ekstatic, urs kindly, Sir Paul Stott,of W£$%^n"
Cool Smoking


will take the lube Cool Smoking

offer her a sherry & dose it liberally with rohipnol Wink
avatar
joel
Full Member
Full Member

Male
Number of posts : 117
Age : 46
Reputation : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by NIDGE MAC on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:06 pm

i,m there LMAO LOL See Ya mate
avatar
NIDGE MAC
UKFF Moderator
UKFF Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 7362
Age : 53
Location : YORKSHIRE!!!!!! THA NOS...
Reputation : 175
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : GETTING OUT IF AND WHEN POSSIBLE...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Stotty on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:19 pm


_________________
avatar
Stotty
Site Gaffer !
Site Gaffer !

Male
Number of posts : 12673
Age : 46
Location : Essex Boy!
Reputation : 348
Registration date : 2008-03-15
My Bait : get on the bait Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 60lb pike??

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum